Into the Light is a versatile collection of nine short stories. The book is divided into three segments: science fiction, human interest and comedy. These enigmatic tales examine the relationship between technology, society and humanity. From a website that can undo your mistakes to a heartwarming tale of love, this book will take you on a journey unlike any other…
Interview with P. Wish:
1. Tell us about your book-the inspiration behind the story? Into the Light is inspired by many things and events in my life. As it is a collection of short stories spanning three genres, the range of inspiration is very wide. I will be a doing a series on my blog titled ‘Story behind the stories’ which will detail my reason for writing each of the nine stories in the collection. As the general theme of the book is humanity and society, these were definitely major themes that inspired me.
2. Is there anything autobiographical about your book? Like Oscar Wilde said ‘A woman’s face is her work of fiction.’. I think my experiences invariably make their way into the stories that I write. That being said, this collection is mostly fictional. A few bits are inspired by my life but most of it is my imagination.
3. What is your favorite genre to write? To read? My favorite genre to write is probably thriller. I love to write anything that has a complex plot. I also enjoy writing chick lit, romance and comedy which is at the opposite end of the spectrum. My favorite genre to read is definitely historical romance. A few of my favorite writers are Barbra Cartland, Judith McNaught and Lisa Kleypas. I also like contemporary romances. Besides romance, I like mysteries. Think Agatha Christie and Ellery Queen.
4. Fantasy vacation-where and with whom? This is a hard question. I love to travel. I would definitely like to visit Shanghai, probably with my friend who is from Shanghai. I need someone who knows Mandarin to survive. She is also great at bargaining, which is always handy. I love big cities. The bigger, the better.
5. Favorites: food, color, place, activity? I like anything spicy so Indian, Chinese (Sichuanese) and Korean are my favorite cuisines. I also love sweets. I like all kinds of desserts. I don’t have a favorite color but most of my clothes happen to be blue. My favorite place is Hong Kong (tied with New York). My favorite activity is reading. I also love to paint, dance and watch movies.
6. What would you like your readers to know about you? I am releasing my debut short story collection, Into the Light on 28th October, 2015. If you would like to know more about me, you can watch my videos on my youtube channel. I am also serializing my debut chick lit novel on my blog currently. Check back for a new chapter every Sunday.
7. If you could give one piece of advice about life, what would it be? Live.
Where you can find Into The Light:
Where you can find P. Wish:
Goodreads Author Page: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/13852944.P_Wish
Amazon Author Page: http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B00YF8RPTM