My Rating: 4 Stars!
This was an interesting, heartfelt collection of poems about life, love and depression. The author has an interesting voice and perspective...that of a life of hardships and difficult relationships. These poems are written about things that we can all relate to as hardship is no stranger to all of our life circumstances.
I enjoyed the author's presentation. It was down to earth and gritty. It was easy to relate to her work.
If you love poetry, give this book a read. You won't be sorry you did.
Where you can find Just: A sign of the times:
Where you can find Katie:
Interview with Katie:
1. What prompted you to write this book? Why is this story important?
This is a collection of poetry that I wrote 4, 5 years ago and I was clearing out. I decided the time was right to show these poems to the world. I think it’s important because it captures a particular time in my life that was full of changes and opportunities. Which certainly gave me the inspiration to write many of these poems.
2. What was the most difficult part of the process of publishing your story?
Probably getting the courage to upload the manuscript onto Amazon.
3. Who are you as a writer? What would you like your readers to know about you?
As a writer I’m passionate about getting fleeting moments down on paper and engaging people in thinking about things. To my readers, I get it.
4. If you could meet one celebrity, who would it be and why?
Stephen Fry because the conversation would probably be an interesting one.
5. When you aren't writing, what are your favorite hobbies/activities?
Reading, talking somebody’s ear off about poetry or watching trashy TV.
6. If you could give me one piece of advice about life, what would it be?
Look at the bigger picture.